How we are fighting COVID-19
General Guidelines regarding COVID-19
In respect to the growing concern regarding the continued reporting of the Coronavirus (COVID-19) in the United States, we want you to know that the well-being and safety of our employees, clients, guests and their families is our priority. Live Wire Athens is actively monitoring the CDC (Center for Disease Control), the Governor’s office, and the Georgia Department of Public Health websites for updates. According to the Governor of the State of Georgia, “Bars, Restaurants, and Reception Halls” are legally allowed to operate whilst following guidelines, as stated in Executive Order 6.29.20.02. Currently, Live Wire Athens is open to the public and booking private events. Additionally, public gatherings, while limited, are allowable whilst following the guidelines, as stated in Executive Order 6.29.20.02. (updated 7/06/20)
It is important to follow clear and reliable sources for keeping up with the current information regarding this and any virus. The most official, up to date, and practical information can be found at the CDC site located at https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html. An additional site for trusted information is the Georgia Department of Public Health at https://dph.georgia.gov/. There is currently no vaccine to prevent the Coronavirus (Covid-19). The best way to prevent this illness and most viruses is to avoid being exposed. Everyday preventive actions should be taken, including:
- Masks are now required and we will check the temperature of every customer upon arrival with a contact-free thermometer.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
- Follow the CDC’s recommendations for using a facemask.
- CDC does not recommend that people who are well wear a facemask to protect themselves from respiratory diseases, including Coronavirus.
- Facemasks should be used by people who show symptoms to help prevent the spread of the disease.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol. Always wash hands with soap and water if hands are visibly dirty.
Live Wire Athens practices the above, and the commonly accepted precautionary measures to prevent the spread of all communicable viruses and disease, including COVID-19.
Live Wire Athens will closely monitor the CDC and the Georgia Department of Public Health for updates and advisories specific to our region.
If you are planning an event at Live Wire Athens and would like to discuss the terms of your event please contact Daniel Robertson Jr. at email@example.com or 706.543.8283.
Clean facility staffed with friendly people. If you don’t have fun here it’s your fault.
Five Stars from Steven
Great venue in Athens, Ga. Centrally located in the downtown area, it is surrounded by bars, restaurants and an overall great scene for before and after your event. Fun atmosphere with a reliable staff.
Five Stars from Maddie
Erin Robertson MullisSales Executive
University of Georgia Graduate, Wife, Mom, Artist, Adventurer – Erin leads the Live Wire sales team.
I developed a passion for helping people celebrate moments and milestones in life during my 15 years in Event Planning. I have an extensive background in coordinating logistical details for social events, fundraisers, conferences, and speaking engagements for up to 2,000 people at locations throughout the U.S.
Josh SmithSales Representative
With over 5 years experience in both planning and coordinating Weddings, Special Events, and Concerts, Josh was welcomed to the Live Wire Consulting team in February of 2019. Leading most on-site event operations, he is likely to be your “go-to” on the day of your event.
Daniel Robertson JrGeneral Manager
In Daniel’s hospitality career of 25 years he has worked just about every position!
Daniel is now the lead Event Consultant with Live Wire Athens and the COO of Live Wire Sounds, Inc.
“Experience produces art, inexperience only luck” -Polus
Brenden RobertsonTechnical Production Lead
Brenden is the co-founder of Live Wire Sounds, Inc., supervises the Live Wire Technical Production, and manages the company’s Digital Strategy. The eighteen year professional audio veteran’s career includes 5 New Orleans Jazz & Heritage Festivals as a Recording and Broadcast Engineer, over 15 national tours as a Front of House Sound Engineer (working in 44 U.S. States), repeated annual music festivals as a primary production contact.