Are you family friendly?
Absolutely. As a family-owned business, we understand the value and importance of family oriented events. Our Game Days at Live Wire are known to be one of the best, welcoming family affairs. We know that when the kids are happy, you’re happy!
Are all ages welcome?
All guests under 18 must be accompanied by an adult for any event entrance. While we pride ourselves on being a welcoming, family oriented venue, there are some events for the kids to stay home and it’s the adults time to shine; so, make sure to read the event’s description to see if it is 21+.
Can I bring my own alcohol for my event?
No. We appreciate a BYOB event as much as the next person; however, please refrain. LWA holds an alcohol license with the state of Georgia and Clarke County. Any establishment with an alcohol license is prohibited from allowing alcohol on premise that is not purchased directly from a local distributor. So let’s keep the bar tending to us.
So can I bring my own food to events?
LWA does not serve food; however, we do work with local restaurants and caterers for most events. Each function is different so make sure to check the event’s description to check the restrictions. Don’t worry, we’ve never had anyone leave on an empty stomach.
Can I bring my pet?
Yes and no. For indoor events with food services, we ask that you leave your furry friends at home.
Good news: If your event involves our Garden Courtyard, then you may bring Toto or Lassie, as long as they remain on a leash and you clean up after them. However, exotic animals or animals with poor temperament are strictly prohibited. Irresponsible owners will be asked to leave, even if you’re only halfway through your corn hole tournament.
Are you ADA compliant?
Yes. We have an ADA bathroom and a main entrance that is compliant with ADA regulations. We’re happy to address any ADA concerns in advance of your arrival. Please call (706) 543-8283. If you require access to present on stage, please state.
I don’t want to miss out on the upcoming concert this weekend. How/Where do I buy tickets?
Ticket links can be found on our CALENDAR PAGE for upcoming concerts. We can’t wait to rock out with you!
I’m traveling to Athens for one of your events. Where should I stay?
Great news! There are countless hotels within walking distance of Live Wire such as Hotel Indigo and the Courtyard Marriott. Drop off your bags and we’ll see you soon!
Live Wire Athens has three versatile indoor and outdoor spaces:
Garden Courtyard and Upper Deck (200 person capacity)
- Large Outdoor Stage
- Outdoor Bar
- Mason Jar light fixtures
- Food Truck Friendly Deck
- 20 x 40ft Tent and string lighting available
The Parlor (80 person capacity)
- 6 x 8 ft Screen
- 2- 60” Flat Screen TVs
- Small stage area
Robertson Hall (275 person capacity)
- 15 ft. HD Cinema Screen (perfect for cinematic events, football games, etc.)
- State-of-the-art lighting and sound reinforcement
- One of the best sound systems in Athens
- 22’ x 17’ Large stage
- 12.5′ x 15′ Dance Floor
- Gallery Wall to hang art or photos
- Dimmer Controlled Edison Bulb Fixtures
Services – We’re more than a venue
Live Wire Athens offers a variety of rentals, catering, and booking connections that will add an extra spark to any event. Having an event or concert at another location? No worries, we can bring our services to you! With vast experience in event coordination our team is ready to help you impress your guests. So, what are you waiting for? Book us today!
- Event Planning and Consulting: We’re here to help the planning process go as smoothly as possible for every step of the way.
- Excellent Staff: Our event staff and bartenders are always knowledgeable, professional, and friendly.
- Event Rentals: We can supply tables, chairs, string lighting, and tenting.
- Professional Audio and Lighting: We provide consulting and rental for sound reinforcement, concert and stage lighting for all types of events.
- Beverage Catering: We offer a variety of beverage packages for any type of occasion. We’re firm believers in happy hour being at any time of the day.
- Entertainment Booking: With over a decade in the music business, we can book some of the best live entertainment around. We can hook you up with local bands to DJs, too.
- Performances and Conferences: Our venue is incredibly ideal for concerts, conferences / lectures, theatrical stage performances, and so much more. You bring the idea, we’ll provide the solution.
We’re here to make sure your planning goes as smoothly as possible every step of the way. Need help with finding the perfect vendors, photographers/videographers, food trucks, or musicians? We’re here to take the stress away. For a list of our preferred vendors, please email [email protected].
- Free street parking on the north end of Hull St. just past Dougherty St. as well as neighboring streets.
- Metered parking spaces along Dougherty St. and Hancock Ave.
- Pay By App lot on Hull St. adjacent to the venue. Available for $5 after 5 pm.
- Washington St. Garage is only 2 blocks away. If you need further assistance please contact Live Wire Athens: 706.543.8283